Collaborate Tips and Tutorials
The following information will provide additional assistance with using Collaborate.
Using the Microphone
- Ensure that your microphone is not muted through either a physical switch on the microphone or through the volume control software on your computer.
- If this is the first time you have used Collaborate, you should run the audio setup wizard in the Tools->Audio->Audio Setup Wizard menu to ensure that your microphone and speaker volume are set correctly.
- Your microphone can be activated by clicking on the Talk button located in the upper left corner of the Collaborate screen.
NOTE: When a person uses the mic, everyone in the same room is able to hear that speaker. The initial Main Room is a separate space from any Breakout Rooms that may be occupied by other participants.
Using Application and Desktop Sharing
- Participants can see a delay (typically about a second or so) and/or some jerkiness, so your presentation may be slightly out of sync from your narration of it.
- Keep in mind when sharing an application window that others in the session may have a smaller screen, and the Collaborate toolbar also takes up screen space. The application is best shared in a window smaller than the full screen. For this same reason, sharing an application is preferred over sharing the desktop since you can more easily resize the window being shared.